T-Mobile announces $14 billion share buyback program

(Reuters) -U.S. wireless carrier T-Mobile said on Friday it would buy back as much as $14 billion worth of shares by 2025 end as part of its previously stated plan to return up to $50 billion over the next three years to shareholders.

Telecom companies such as Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are among the top dividend payers in the U.S.

Earlier this month, AT&T said it plans to return more than $40 billion to shareholders over the next three years through dividends and share repurchases.

T-Mobile’s latest shareholder return program is in addition to the $19 billion announced in September 2023, running through Dec. 31 this year.

The company on Friday also reiterated that it would allocate about $80 billion in investments and capital returns through 2027.

T-Mobile, one of the top three wireless carriers in the U.S., has attracted subscribers in a saturated telecom market through its high-speed 5G plans that offer streaming perks.

The company expects adjusted free cash flow, a metric that helps determine dividend payouts, to be between $18 billion and $19 billion in 2027.

(Reporting by Arsheeya Bajwa and Harshita Mary Varghese in Bengaluru; Editing by Shilpi Majumdar)

More From Author

US lawmakers tell Apple, Google to be ready to remove TikTok from app stores Jan. 19

US House panel finds BlackRock, other asset managers leery of joining climate initiative

Live Market Pulse

The charting technology is provided by TradingView. Learn how to use theTradingView Stock Screener.